Class A Driver
- · Prepares truck for operation by assisting in and overseeing the loading of trucks, securing of items and verifying the accuracy of shipping papers.
- · Drives truck with capacity of more than 3 tons, to transport materials to and from customer locations and job sites.
- · Delivers orders via the most effective route to ensure complete orders are delivered according to established time frames and customers’ needs.
- · Accurately documents delivery, prepares receipts of orders by customers and reports any discrepancies to the company.
- · Collects payment for goods delivered and records transactions on proper paperwork. Obtains customer signature on receipt for pickup or delivery.
- · Increases job knowledge and product knowledge on an ongoing basis.
- · Informs customers of new products and services that can increase customer satisfaction and sales.
- · Maintains truck log, according to state and federal regulations and complies with all applicable Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCSR), including the company’s drug and alcohol testing program.
- · Maintains telephone or radio contact with supervisor to receive daily instructions.
- · Inspects truck equipment and supplies such as tires, lights, brakes, gas, oil, and water on a daily basis. Alerts management of necessary or required maintenance/repairs needed on the delivery vehicle in a prompt manner. Completes daily post-trip vehicle inspection report.
- · Other job duties as assigned.
- · A valid Class A commercial driver's license.
- · Be at least 21 years of age.
- · A current MVR indicating no more than 3 violations in the past 3 years.
- · Good communication skills.
- · Ability to follow and carry out instructions with minimal supervision.
- · Willingness and ability to load trucks at the warehouse and unload at customer locations and job sites.
- · A positive customer service attitude.
- · Familiarity with PCs and other material handling equipment (preferred).
- · Experience driving either a straight truck or a tractor trailer.