NOW HIRING FOR CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT
IN-HOME AIDES/CERTIFIED NURSE AIDE JOB DESCRIPTION
Definition: A Certified Nursing Assistant who administers personal care as directed by the Home Care Supervisor to patients requiring intermittent assistance with activities of daily living.
Qualifications: Must be listed on the Nurse Aide Registry with the North Carolina Division of Health Service Regulation.
Job Relationships: Supervised by Staff Nurse and/or Nurse Supervisor.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provides in-home nurse aide care according to agency policies and procedures.
2. Performs task as specified in the client’s plan of care developed by the registered nurse.
3. Documents any deviations to the plan of care developed by the registered nurse.
4. Observes and reports any change in the client’s physical or emotional condition to the supervising RN.
5. Maintains professional appearance and demeanor during contact with the client and/or family members.
6. Accurately document those services rendered, and note changes in client’s condition.
7. Completes daily care logs to reflect services rendered by the home care aide.
8. Consults with nursing supervisor about problems concerning the client or vitals outside the normal range.
9. Participates in client care conferences, record audits, and utilization review or quality assurance activities as necessary.
10. Adheres to client’s “Bill of Rights.”
11. Continually strives to improve care through continuing education, attendance at workshops and conferences, and individual research and readings.
12. Rotates weekend and holiday duties with other home care aides as needed.
13. Submits to periodic job performance evaluations as outlined in the Agency policy.
14. Obtains and maintains Basic First Aid and CPR Certificate once employed.
15. Maintains annual TB screening per agency policy.
16. Performs other duties as assigned.
17. Frequent hand washing:
• Before and after the provision of direct client care
• Before working in the kitchen
• After handling soiled or contaminated materials
• After going to the toilet
• After removing gloves
Please apply online at: www.carolinaheartshomecare.com